The PDF format, which stands for Portable Document Format, have become very popular and its beginnings date back to the early 90s. One of their major benefits is the convenience of exchanging documents between different people, making sure that they will be viewed as expected.
Surely you are already used to sending and receiving PDF documents: reports, estimations, brochures, etc. But did you know that you can create PDFs easily from almost any application?
Creating PDF documents in Windows
Although many applications allow you to create documents in PDF format directly, usually through “File → Save as” menu option, or “File → Export”, not all of them allow that, or they don't do it in an easy way. But if the application has a print option, then you can create a PDF.
First, you will have to install the doPDF application. Do not worry, you will have to do this only once:
- Go to www.dopdf.com
- Download the free PDF converter.
- Execute the program that you have donwloaded in order to install doPDF, and follow the instructions that appear on the screen. Do not worry, it is simple.
What doPDF does is to install a “printer” which instead of printing to paper it prints to PDF. Now, when you want to create a PDF:
- Create a document with your favorite application (Word, PowerPoint, …), as you usually do.
- Go to your application print option. Usually through “File → Print” menu.
- When printing, choose doPDF as printer.
- That is all, you now have your document in PDF format.
Creating PDF documents in Mac
If you have a Mac computer, to create a PDF from any application is even easier, because printing to PDF option is already included:
- Create a document with your favorite application.
- Go to printing option in your apllication. Usually through “File → Print” menu.
- Click on the “PDF” button that will appear at the bottom left corner.
Do you have any doubts or suggestions about creating PDF files in an easy way? Feel free to leave your comments below.